To be the lead agency in organizing successful and hitch-free pilgrimage in Nigeria
Delivering exceptional and optimum value to pilgrims with a view to enhancing their spiritual renewal and regeneration
The Lagos State Christian Pilgrims Welfare Board was established by Law No. 13 of 1982 and amended by Edict No. 1 of 1996 to organize hitch-free holy Pilgrimages to the Holyland of Israel, Mount Sinai, Kingdom of Jordan,Rome and Lourdes in France. The Board is under the supervision of the Ministry of Home Affairs
The Board is expected to perform the following activities in order to achieve its objectives.
- To ensure effective and efficient pilgrimage operations for Christians in Lagos State
- Hold regular Board meetings which become more frequent during the peak Period of preparation for the Pilgrimage.
- Distribution of pamphlets, posters and handbills to churches to encourage Christians to be interested in performing pilgrimage to the holy land.
- Liaison with Nigeria Christian Pilgrims Commission (NCPC) on policy matters involving Christian pilgrimage.
- Liaison with the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) on all matters of Government that affect the Christian Community in the State.
The Board consist of Seven(7) Board members which comprises of the
- Five other members